Print this page

Bradford Denton House - Restoration of an American icon

Written by

The Historical Halifax Restoration Association, Inc. has undertaken a new project: the restoration of the Bradford Denton house built about 1760 on property near Fishing Creek in Halifax County, North Carolina on land owned by Col. Bradford, a delegate to the 4th Provincial Congress where the Halifax Resolves were adopted. His son Henry Bradford lived in this home with his wife Sarah Crowell Bradford along with their family.

Rev. Henry Bradford was a Revolutionary War Soldier and early Methodist minister. He founded Bradford's Chapel and held Methodist camp meetings on his property. Bishop Francis Asbury was a frequent visitor to the Bradford home, and records show services were held in the Bradford house. Rev. Henry Bradford was also an early educator in Halifax County, having operated Bradford's Academy in the early 1800s.

http://bradforddenton.com/
Read 13586 times
Curry Roberts

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.